Re: [Groff] still exploring the last version: what is gremlin ?

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] still exploring the last version: what is gremlin ?
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:47:37 -0400 (EDT)

> I just discovered that a change made in main.c for xgremlin-2.0
> in line 592:
>
>   readmask = ConnectionNumber(display);/*1 << display->fd;*/
>
> slows down the program VERY much, so I went back to the old line,
> that is:
>
>               readmask = 1 << display->fd;

I just realized that the change is wrong -- it should be:

        readmask = 1 << ConnectionNumber(display);

Actually, assuming that readmask is a mask for select, it should
probably be more like:

        FD_ZERO(&readmask);
        FD_SET(ConnectionNumber(display), &readmask);

-Larry Jones

You're just trying to get RID of me, aren't you? -- Calvin