gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: Bryan Christianson
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 22:09:19 +1200

> On 27/05/2020, at 7:38 PM, David J Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> The binaries built by the SCONS install process /do/ work,  the one's I'm
> building don't work.  I would have liked to understand the difference in the
> compile and link process so improve my knowledge.

At the time you compiled your program(s) you still had the headers and libgpsd
from from gpsd-3.20 installed on your system. You MUST remove these and make
sure you are compiling/linking against the version you built (and installed?)
from git. You may need to use the -I and -L compiler options to properly
specify the include and link paths.

Not sure how to be any clearer in saying this.

Bryan

Bryan Christianson
address@hidden