gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 11:17:42 +0100

-----Original Message----- From: Bryan Christianson

I think you may still have the debian libgps installed.

On my pi with 3.17, dpkg shows the following gps components

root@ticker:~# dpkg -l|grep gps
ii gpsd 3.17-7 armhf Global Positioning System - daemon ii gpsd-clients 3.17-7 armhf Global Positioning System - clients ii libgps-dev 3.17-7 armhf Global Positioning System - development files ii libgps23:armhf 3.17-7 armhf Global Positioning System - library
ii  python-gps

I'm not sure about python-gps, but none of the others should be present if you are attempting to compile from source. You may need to manually purge them if they are still there.

Bryan Christianson
address@hidden

Thanks, Bryan.  Looks like that isn't the problem:

pi@raspi-3:~ $ dpkg -l | grep gps
rc gpsd 3.20-8~bpo10+1 armhf Global Positioning System - daemon ii libgps-dev 3.20-8~bpo10+1 armhf Global Positioning System - development files ii libgps26:armhf 3.20-8~bpo10+1 armhf Global Positioning System - library ii python3-gps 3.20-8~bpo10+1 armhf Global Positioning System - Python 3 libraries

Quite possible that one of these if for a higher ARM version, though.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden