gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: Bryan Christianson
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 21:44:37 +1200

> On 26/05/2020, at 9:30 PM, David J Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> So it's something to do the the gps linked library.  I wonder which one of
> these it might be:
>
> pi@raspi-3:~ $ sudo find / -name gps
> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gps
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gps
> /home/pi/gpsd/contrib/gps
> /home/pi/gpsd/tests/gps
> /home/pi/gpsd/gps
> /home/pi/gpsd/devtools/gps

I think you may still have the debian libgps installed.

On my pi with 3.17, dpkg shows the following gps components

root@ticker:~# dpkg -l|grep gps
ii  gpsd                           3.17-7                       armhf
Global Positioning System - daemon
ii  gpsd-clients                   3.17-7                       armhf
Global Positioning System - clients
ii  libgps-dev                     3.17-7                       armhf
Global Positioning System - development files
ii  libgps23:armhf                 3.17-7                       armhf
Global Positioning System - library
ii  python-gps

I'm not sure about python-gps, but none of the others should be present if you
are attempting to compile from source. You may need to manually purge them if
they are still there.

--
Bryan Christianson
address@hidden