gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 15:07:42 +0100

Thanks, Bryan.  Looks like that isn't the problem:

pi@raspi-3:~ $ dpkg -l | grep gps
rc gpsd 3.20-8~bpo10+1 armhf Global Positioning System - daemon ii libgps-dev 3.20-8~bpo10+1 armhf Global Positioning System - development files ii libgps26:armhf 3.20-8~bpo10+1 armhf Global Positioning System - library ii python3-gps 3.20-8~bpo10+1 armhf Global Positioning System - Python 3 libraries

I think they are the problem - I'm pretty sure they are not the executables you built but are the ones installed when you attempted to use a backported version of gps-3.20.

I generally use the 'aptitude' command for installing/purging software because it understands dependencies.

maybe you could try:
apt-get install aptitude
aptitude purge gpsd libgps-dev libgps26:armhf

Bryan Christianson
address@hidden

Thanks, Bryan. I may try that. It would help if one could run an apt(-get) install from the source files I spent 30 minutes compiling. Perhaps one can?

I'm hoping that someone can come up with the correct linking magic!

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden