gpsd-users

Re: Segfault after upgrade.

From: Paul Theodoropoulos
Subject: Re: Segfault after upgrade.
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 14:16:44 -0700

On 5/25/2020 12:34 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Paul!

I just added your "apt purge gpsd" to INSTALL.adoc.  It might save the
few that RTFM some grief.

Could I get you to clean that up a tad and make it a patch to INSTALL.adoc?

And mention /etc/defaults/gpsd?

This may help those suffering the indignity of systemd(ubious).

Also what is the easiest way to get gpsd to run in -n mode with
systemd(umbesst)?

I'll take a stab at it, but I'm a mere systems administrator, who doesn't use git very often - so getting back into the whole 'mindset' of git takes me a while (but I'm furloughed from my job, so heck, I apparently have the free time!)

re using -n mode, it's as simple as having this at the bottom of your /etc/default/gpsd file, assuming one is using the example gpsd.service file that's included in the repo.

GPSD_OPTIONS="-n -r -P /run/gpsd.pid"

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com