gpsd-users

Re: Using cgps to determine the satellite constellation

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Using cgps to determine the satellite constellation
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 10:10:06 -0700

Yo David!

On Mon, 18 May 2020 14:54:43 +0100
"David J Taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there a command-line option to use  cgps to determine the satellite
> constellation?  I'd like to know which satellites my GPS is actually
> seeing. I couldn't see any.

The constellation of seen sats are always shown in the sats list
on recent versions of cgps.  cgps is a passive consumer of what gpsd
sends it.

Too see what gnss your u-blox is listening for:

> Are there comment-line parameter to gpsd to control which
> constellations it will attempt to use?

Nope.  gpsd is passive, whatever the receiver sends to gpsd is what
gpsd uses.

To change what the receiver is using, use ubxtool.

$ ubstool -p CFG-GNSS -P 18

UBX-CFG-GNSS:
 msgVer 0  numTrkChHw 32 numTrkChUse 32 numConfigBlocks 7
  gnssId 0 TrkCh  8 maxTrCh 16 reserved 0 Flags x01010001
   GPS L1C/A enabled
  gnssId 1 TrkCh  1 maxTrCh  3 reserved 0 Flags x01010001
   SBAS L1C/A enabled
  gnssId 2 TrkCh  4 maxTrCh  8 reserved 0 Flags x01010000
   Galileo E1
  gnssId 3 TrkCh  8 maxTrCh 16 reserved 0 Flags x01010000
   BeiDou B1I
  gnssId 4 TrkCh  0 maxTrCh  8 reserved 0 Flags x03010000
   IMES L1
  gnssId 5 TrkCh  0 maxTrCh  3 reserved 0 Flags x05010001
   QZSS L1C/A enabled
  gnssId 6 TrkCh  8 maxTrCh 14 reserved 0 Flags x01010001
   GLONASS L1 enabled

The PPP Howto has informamtion on changing CFG-GNSS.

https://gpsd.io/ppp-howto.html

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588