gpsd-users

Re: Using cgps to determine the satellite constellation

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Using cgps to determine the satellite constellation
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 11:33:16 -0700

Yo David!

On Mon, 18 May 2020 19:18:39 +0100
"David J Taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> By asking about the constellation showing in cgps, I meant /which/
> constellation - GPS, Galileo etc.

yes, that is exactly what I meant to, and what recent versions of cgps
do.  What version are you on?

> I can change the receiver using the u-center 20.01 Windows tool, but
> it's not responding as expected.

I don't use WinBlows, so I can't use u-center.  So I can make no
comment on their usage.

> The RX (u-blox MAX-M8Q-0-10) should
> have Galileo when configured, but while it will accept turning
> GLONASS on or off, it balks at enabling Galileo.

Depending on your u-blox model, that is documented behavior.

Did you do the ubxtool as I requested?

> Currently a mystery.

Did you read the PPP Howto?  This exact thing is explained.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588