gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsfake question

From: Joshua Quesenberry
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsfake question
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 21:50:13 -0400

Gary,

The GPGGA message includes hhmmss in the first field, however, you're correct
that that's not enough to get a full date/time set if that's what gpsd needs.
I'll play around with providing GPZDA and then if that doesn't work I'll make a
GPRMC message to take place of all three.

I was under the impression from playing around with gpsfake in linux that a
socket DOES get opened? When I tried to run gpsfake it would not run because
the gpsd port 2947 was in use... only after I killed the systemd stuff would it
start. Also, cgps would not run until after I had gpsfake running. Can you
expand upon what the full workflow is? The gpsfake man page lacks examples.

Thanks,

Josh Q