gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] Using the gomp-branch on the FSF repository

From: Diego Novillo
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Using the gomp-branch on the FSF repository
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:57:05 -0400

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 10:53, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
> Sebastian Pop wrote:
> > I have created an entry for the GOMP project on the gcc's wiki:
> > <http://dberlin.org/gccwiki/index.php/GOMP>, where you can add ideas
> > at your will.
>
> Should we also begin a descriptive page, ala http://gcc.gnu.org/gomp?
> I'd be willing to put something together if no one else is working on it.

That would be great.  I've been meaning to address the changes to
cvs.html that Gerald and Joseph asked me to make, but I haven't had the
time.

If you could prepare a patch for cvs.html and perhaps a new
projects/gomp sub-directory that would be great.

Thanks.  Diego.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Update status of gomp-branch Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:19:49 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Diego Novillo wrote:
There is renewed interest in OpenMP support. I've rebranched gomp-branch to use mainline instead of tree-ssa. This patch updates the branch entry.

Okay.

Do you want to describe some convention to mark patches sent to gcc-patches (like using [gomp] in the subject) and describe the
maintenance policy (who my apply/approve changes to that branch)?

Gerald

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Update status of gomp-branch Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 00:00:42 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Diego Novillo wrote:

> There is renewed interest in OpenMP support.  I've rebranched
> gomp-branch to use mainline instead of tree-ssa.  This patch updates the
> branch entry.

You seem to be editing the entry in the "Inactive Development Branches"
section.  Shouldn't gomp-01-branch stay there as an inactive branch, with
a new entry as an active branch for the new branch?

In addition to commit policies it would also be a good idea to have some
indication of where discussions relating to the branch go - which, if it
is intended for possible merge to mainline, should include the main gcc
list for any matters of design of relevance to the rest of the compiler.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
  http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/#c90status - status of C90 for GCC 3.5

--- End Message ---