Re: Media WIKI

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Media WIKI
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:20:42 -0800

Stefan Urbanek wrote:
On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 00:53 +0100, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

Adrian Robert wrote:

On Dec 16, 2004, at 6:31 AM, Manuel Guesdon wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:02:29 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

| As there was positive feedback on changing the wiki to media wiki, can someone
| with access to the server install it?

Is everyone agree on this ?

If yes, I'll ty to install it next week.

Is someone handling migration of the old content? I'm not sure that just keeping the old content indefinitely around in a separate hierarchy is an ideal solution. [snip]

Agreed. I don't mind switching to another wiki, but if we do, I think it's very important that all the current content is moved over to the new wiki.

Also, more spam protection wouldn't hurt. Requiring a name for all changes helped a lot, but there's still a fair bit of spam there. (Being able to protect names would also be nice; someone deleted the sandbox page in my name a while back, and while there's no real harm in clearing the sandbox, it's still a bit unsettling.)

MediaWiki has password protection of ids. Moreover, some pages can be
protected/locked by admin.

Yes, it's far more extensible.

Can we please keep the cross-posting down? This thread, mostly about the specifics of a wiki which most of the GNUstep devs likely don't care too much about, should be kept on -webmasters, not on -dev. The devs who care about this stuff are either aleready subscribed to the correct list or should be. I don't like getting messages twice, and I doubt anyone else does either.

Adrian, have you been drafted for-sure to do the wiki content conversion?

Cheers,
Alex