Re: Media WIKI

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Media WIKI
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:15:00 -0800

MJ Ray wrote:
On 2004-12-16 11:31:00 +0000 Manuel Guesdon <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:02:29 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

| As there was positive feedback on changing the wiki to media wiki, can someone
| with access to the server install it?

Is everyone agree on this ?

I don't agree, because mediawiki is not really a wiki, but I don't use the wiki any more so I don't want to stop you going ahead without me. I just ask that you do not attempt to apply the FDL to the wiki (which seems to be what many mediawiki users do).

Well, you might if it were functional. And please, this "FooWiki isn't a wiki because it's impure" stuff sounds alarmingly like what religious zealots say about religions besides their own (sunnis with shiites, shiites with sunnis, muslims with jews, jews with muslims, christians with muslims, muslims with christians, etc etc. There is no "True Wiki") I don't mean to start another flamewar, but you don't seem to be very objective about this sort of thing.

Seriously, have you ever considered that you'd most likely be able to use the wiki once we switch over to MediaWiki? Frankly, phpwiki sucks, and there's no respectable documentation for it. It's also very limiting.

Just my deflated $0.02,
Alex Perez