Re: Media WIKI

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Media WIKI
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:53:59 +0100

Adrian Robert wrote:
On Dec 16, 2004, at 6:31 AM, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:02:29 +0100 address@hidden wrote:
| As there was positive feedback on changing the wiki to media wiki, can someone
| with access to the server install it?

Is everyone agree on this ?

If yes, I'll ty to install it next week.

Is someone handling migration of the old content? I'm not sure that just keeping the old content indefinitely around in a separate hierarchy is an ideal solution. [snip]

Agreed. I don't mind switching to another wiki, but if we do, I think it's very important that all the current content is moved over to the new wiki.

Also, more spam protection wouldn't hurt. Requiring a name for all changes helped a lot, but there's still a fair bit of spam there. (Being able to protect names would also be nice; someone deleted the sandbox page in my name a while back, and while there's no real harm in clearing the sandbox, it's still a bit unsettling.)

- Alexander Malmberg