Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:25:15 +0200

Hey Eric,

Le 8 juin 2010 à 20:28, Eric Wasylishen a écrit :

For setting up a development environment on Windows I always follow
this procedure:

1. Run the windows installers (msys system, core, devel)
2. Open the GNUstep shell
3. Navigate to your checkout of trunk and run 'make install' in base,
gui, and back.

That's what I did, but apparently something went wrong in my case.

I recently started to get permission denied errors when running 'make
install' on Windows7, so I open the GNUstep shell as an administrator.
Otherwise this procedure has worked for me with no problems.

Here I initially had permission errors (due to Vista) everytime 'install' was used. I solved it by installing the files attached to this bug report: <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1711379&group_id=2435&atid=102435 >
And then typing: touch /bin/install /bin/install-info

It would be nice if the msys-system installer could package these files and call touch as required.

btw, I just updated the wiki with some instructions on getting
TortiseSVN to remember your private key password.
(http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Using_Subversion)

ok. I'm using the command-line client for now.

Cheers,
Quentin.