Re: [GNUnet-developers] reindenting the tree, choosing a formater

From: N
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] reindenting the tree, choosing a formater
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 12:26:58 +0000

Christian Grothoff transcribed 2.6K bytes:
> I agree, we should have a server-side hook that declines commits if the
> C files in src/ would change under the formatter. ng0: can you
> draft/test such a hook on git.taler.net? Once it works, I can deploy it
> on git.gnunet.org.
>
> On 9/8/19 1:37 PM, Schanzenbach, Martin wrote:
> > This is news to me, too. That being said, I would prefer if the commit
> > would simply be rejected if not
> > conforming (i.e. if running the formatter results in a different output). I
> > would hate it if the commited
> > code != my local copy after the push.

Okay, so this is what I will do (just to give you a sense of time):

now: uncrustify the entire tree of gnunet's c/h files. remove clang-format from
.dir-locals.el.
     still wonder about and accepting documentation for how to integrate this
other than telling
     everyone just to use uncrustify somehow (the one good thing about
clang-format was that it
     required almost 0 documentation).
tomorrow/next week: draft the hook,  etc