Re: [GNUnet-developers] reindenting the tree, choosing a formater

From: N
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] reindenting the tree, choosing a formater
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 12:40:09 +0000

Schanzenbach, Martin transcribed 2.7K bytes:
> Sounds good.
> Note that the use of uncrustify is not mandatory. If you want to manually
> follow the style
> that is ok as well. So just pointing to uncrustify and the "rules"/coding
> style is enough.
>
> Basically we should only use uncrustify to enforce our coding style in the
> server.
> Next year it might be another tool, but the coding style is that is important.

I do understand this, but pointing to the right tools or instructions also
makes for a better onboarding experience.

I've intended the tree now, if anyone has any complains on how it was handled
there's one large commit to revert in the worst case. I don't think this was
wrong, but in any case I'll continue with my work tomorrow.

Thanks!