Re: [GNUnet-developers] Hello! (brief introduction and lots of questions

From: Marcos Marado
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Hello! (brief introduction and lots of questions)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 23:51:56 +0100

I am sorry, I do realize this is getting a bit off-topic, but...

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 4:40 PM t3sserakt <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> >> ### 2: How might I chat with friends?
> >>
> >> I've read the document section on the "Conversations" program
> >> that uses a phonecall-esque approach, and I've also read that
> >> protocols like SMTP haven't been implemented "yet". In a
> >> hypothetical GNUnet which is more developed and actively used
> >> by a larger population, what would be "the" way of doing
> >> Email-style communication, IM-style communication, and any of
> >> those and voice in groups with multiple members? Would there
> >> be additional protocols and components in GNUnet that would
> >> manage these kinds of communication? How do/might they
> >> look/work?
> > The SecuShare folks have some gnunet-nim codebase they use for IM-style
> > chatting. Maybe they can give you more detailed pointers on how to use it.
>
> Indeed there is
>
> https://git.gnunet.org/groupchat.git
>
> which is an implementation of a TUI (terminal UI) groupchat in nim
> (nim-lang.org) using
>
> https://git.gnunet.org/gnunet-nim.git/
>
> to bind to GNUnet APIs. If you set up everything you can get back to me
> directly, and we can try it out together.

Is there any documentation or guidelines on the best way to contribute to
this particular effort?
I did create a patch and submitted a bug on Mantis[1], but I am unsure that
was the right way to go about it. I have a few other patches to contribute, but
they don't even constitute bugs, so I'd appreciate any guidelines you might
have on how to contribute to groupchat.

[1] https://bugs.gnunet.org/view.php?id=5776

Thanks in advance,
--