Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet project & organizational challenges

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet project & organizational challenges
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 21:44:17 +0200

I think that's a missunderstanding: after the discussion here I'm not
sure anyone actually intended to suggest the creation of a COOP/eG. At
least I read the "cooperative" discussion more as a thought experiment
on how to cooperate to enable developers to spend more time on the
project, and for that to consider alternative lifestyles / forms of
organization.

But like you, I also first thought that creating a COOP was the
suggestion (and only the discussion here clarified this a bit for me,
but regardless the outcome of the discussion remains highly intangible).

Regardless, I agree with you that creating a COOP/eG is not the right
move for GNUnet (at least as an organizational form for the overall
project).