Re: [GNUnet-developers] End-user wishlist

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] End-user wishlist
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:57:23 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, N. Durner wrote:

> > don't know how/if new protocol like 'gnunet://' could be added to any
> > arbitrary browser easily.
> There's no problem under Windows. MS IE and Netscape/Mozilla support it.

And gnunet is sooo muuuch windows application at the moment. What
about Linux and the other unix style systems? I looked through my
preferences in mozilla and I'm fairly certain there wasn't anything
looking like that. If its not in the preferences its too complicated
for average user to set for certain, and even more sure is that
some install script can't set it automagically for arbitrary browser.
On the other hand, almost any browser supports setting mime helper
applications easily.

Igor