Re: [GNUnet-developers] End-user wishlist

From: Krista Bennett
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] End-user wishlist
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:34:54 -0500

address@hidden hath spoken thusly on Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 01:46:55PM -0500:

> This has been a quiet mailing list recently... maybe that has something
> to do with the fact that my GNUnet node is up and running stably for
> several days, doing what it's supposed to do, so there's nothing to
> complain about? Kudos to the bug-fixers. GNUnet's shaping up nicely.

I can't take credit for fixing the bugs, but it's great to get outside
feedback like that :)

> It must be a sign of legitimacy (for a very one-sided definition of
> legitimacy) that the new Harry Potter book was available on GNUnet less
> than 24 hours after its release.

That... is a little scary. I'm sure Christian will be amused by that when
he wakes up...

> Now I'm dreaming about cool new
> features that I'd like to see built into and atop GNUnet, now that it's
> running stably on my machine:

(I won't reply to these, but I'm sure Christian will... I'm not involved
in the planning stuff (or much else) these days...)

> Please don't take this list as a list of demands. I like GNUnet and
> evangelize it happily; I'm just voicing my dreams in hopes that some
> bored programmer will find them inspiring.

Nah, it's stuff like this that makes open source development work, no? We
like input, suggestions, ideas, etc. Really. :)

- Krista

Krista Bennett                               address@hidden
Graduate Student
Interdepartmental Program in Linguistics
Purdue University

     "You're more important than a bowl of spaghetti!" - My mom