Re: a stronger UI experience

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: a stronger UI experience
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:07:40 +0100

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> I like a lot the blue version!!! But what about to have the same effect
> with red?

I did not note the blue gradient with my usual setting:
  CRT monitor; Brightness set to 0%, Contrast set to 70%.

I noted it when I set it to: Brightness 100%, Contrast 100%.

I like more the combination black-on-top-of-red. Anyway it is great that now
we are able to choose from several options. So we are not forced to take a
decision now, but we can delay the decision and so choose actually the best
one later.

As Antenore point, it could be interesting try the gradient effect with the
red background.  However, as Victor pointed, maybe we should focus first on
the target of this task:  <div>s based layout, and HTML 4.01 Strict.

  task: Use "HTML 4.01 Strict" instead of "HTML 4.01 Transitional", and
        a <div>s based layout instead of a <table>s based one
        http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6177

You should begin to use "HTML 4.01 Strict" the sooner the better, and think
about adding the logo and menu before being distracted 'for ever' in using
one or another color or gradient as heading background.

http://www.damagehead DOT com/gnuherds.org/