Re: <div>s based layout -- HTML 4.01 Strict

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: <div>s based layout -- HTML 4.01 Strict
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 21:44:08 +0100

> > 3. Horizontal links and login menus (???).

IMHO a vertical menu is a lot better:

  * Adding too much areas as horizontal will steal a lot of space
    forcing to the user to scroll sooner. We should have a
    not-too-much tall heading.

  * IMHO at least one block must be a vertical list of items,
    and the menu is the best candidate.

    You could look at http://www.gnu.org/

    Note that the user-specific (resume, etc.) entries are added
    to the menu dynamically when the user log in.

> > 4. Content (simple black on white without link formatting).

Just note that maybe we should take a look at http://www.gnu.org/ about the
black-on-white subject too. Additionally, how they manage to keep the text
with exactly the same layout when fonts size are modified? Maybe using '%' at
all the CSS, or is it specific to the <div>'s CSS?