Re: Comments -- Persistence Framework

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Comments -- Persistence Framework
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 01:31:26 +0200

http://www.ambysoft.com/essays/persistenceLayer.html

  Hints:
   * Cursors
   * Proxies
   * Avoid mapping database object to arrays to avoid losing speed

We could take a look to the below analysis to avoid develop a persistence
layer ourselves:

  http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Object_Persistence_Framework

  * I know propel. I do not like it. It raise a lot of problem
    to developers. You expect A but propel does B, ...

P.S.: Typo3 is GPL, so we could use its code.

P.S.: Does CakePHP support Cursors and Proxies?

P.S.: According to the above PDF, what type of
      Persistence framework is CakePHP?
      I have to read more about all this.

Davi