Re: URIs, Smarty

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: URIs, Smarty
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 22:20:24 +0200

Davi Leal wrote:
> P.S.: Following the way to the final architecture,  I am working on a
> proposal which integrate the work done by Klaus with code from the current
> architecture

The main goal of my experimentation with the Klaus architecture has been get
direct support to URIs as the below one, without requiring mod_rewrite.

   gnuherds.org/person?action=register

I have used the production code to add the Smarty templates, the business
logic etc. The result is transitional. It is a mess.

  Note the View class is the Smarty class.

I attach the SVG diagram class, the source code tar ball, etc.

I personally think we should use the production code when it be possible.
We should avoid code again all the website from scratch.

The new architecture will be a long way.  Now, I am going to patch the
production code, using the ideas exposed by Klaus in his source code. It will
allow us postpound the migration to the new architecture to after-release, if
it is needed.

I suppose we will move to the new architecture when it be ready.

Davi