Re: [Gnucap-devel] git repo proposal

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] git repo proposal
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 02:35:35 -0400

Finally responding.  I have been pushing on another project for
a conference next week.

On Thursday 02 May 2013, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> this is now on savannah [1, 2] in the "release" branch. i
> also commited Als -ldl patch into the "master" branch on top
> of it.
>
> as usual, there is no branch-based access control, but we
> should agree upon something. I think, this should be
> sufficient:
> - branches with names that don't match .*[wW][iI][pP].* may
> not be rebased (sometimes it might make sense to cleanup
> merge-requests). - nobody but Al touches "master" and
> "release" (if not asked for) - everything else is allowed

Thanks ...  this is now the official repository.

When doing a commit, even in a WIP branch, change the string in
"patchlev.h" to indicate that.  For the "master", the "RCS"
minor number should be incremented with every commit.  The major
number should be incremented and minor number reset when a
stable release is made.  This is the convention I have used
since the first RCS checkin.

For WIP branches, add to that string what branch it is.

I wonder, looking forward, what will happen when there are
hundreds of WIP branches, in various states.

Now that we have the mechanism, I have a few myself ....  multi-
processor support, a modelgen branch with Verilog syntax.

Also, we need to include the plugin tarballs, and set up a way
for anyone to have a space for their work on plugins.