Re: [Gnucap-devel] git repo proposal

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] git repo proposal
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 15:34:24 -0400

Yes .. that's what I mean.

Some of it exists

On Sunday 26 May 2013, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> on my end, some things that might be worth importing are
> - sensitivity analysis
> - dc dynamics analysis
> - dc sweep improvements
> - lang_spectre patches/fixes

That's all plugins.  They should be developed out-of-tree, but
we need a place for them in the repository.

>   - some parameter scoping issues fixed

Some of that is fixed in Gennady's branch.  I need to fold it in
to the master.

> - basic unit testing

I have most of this .. need to upload it.  Also, I need to
document the procedure for this.  It works quite well.  It uses
the untested() macros from io_trace.h.  It needs to be more
complete than it is.  Wherever you see untested(), that
identifies a path that the test suite doesn't cover.  The empty
else clauses have significance in testing.

I don't think the whole test suite should be distributed in the
tarball, but it should be in git.

> - lots of experiments involving backend changes
>   - parameter lists
>   - ELEMENTs with more than 1 input

That's also something to try out-of-tree in plugins.  It would
be in addition to the existing ELEMENT, not instead of.
COMPONENT is more general.

The purpose of ELEMENT is to provide a high efficiency way to do
the simplest of devices.

>   - discrete time
>   - debugging aid
>   - collapsing node hacks
> - probably stuff i don't remember...
>
> i do not really know where to start. would be great if
> somebody wanted to help...

I don't know either, but this looks a lot like my list.