Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap and summer of code

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap and summer of code
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 02:17:44 -0400

On Thursday 22 March 2012, address@hidden wrote:
> > I'm interested in contributing towards the development of
> > gnucap and would like to implement the language plugins
> > for gnucap to interface to other EDA software
> > (gschem/eeschema formats).
> > I guess the starting point would be to look at the source
> > of gnucap and see how it works and also look at the
> > eeschema/gschem formats. Also, It's mentioned that Qucs
> > plugin is in development/been developed. Where can I look
> > at how that is being done?

Great! ...  For summer of code, be sure to check the Google and
Gnu sites to make sure you are on schedule, make the right
submissions, etc.

You could look at the file "lang_spectre.cc" to see what a
fairly simple language plugin looks like, and "lang_spice.cc"
for a more complex one.  That shows you the easy part.

The hard part is deciding how to map the data.  Look at this to
see the idea .....
http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:netlist_import_and_export