gnuastro-devel

[task #13658] Work on concave polygons too

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #13658] Work on concave polygons too
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 18:12:24 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #13658 (project gnuastro):

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 70%
             Assigned to:                    None => sks_15

Follow-up Comment #30:

It has been merged with the master branch and pushed
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=09ffaa7086d> to them
main repository :-).

After inspecting your commit, I done some modifications
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=880dd88f8c0dc> to
make it blend in better. Then I improved the documentation
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=a22b8d021c86c> and
finally added a new option in Crop
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=729d7230e3b> to use
these new functions.

Please have a look at the commit messages and the corresponding updates in the
code, so we can hopefully have a smoother merge in the future.

I also noticed that you hadn't pulled the updates in the `master' branch
before you do the rebase. So a parallel branch was created. This is fine, but
generally, when you do a rebase, its best to first do a `git pull' on the
master branch to import all recent commits, then rebase it ;-).

With the new `--polygonnosort' option that was just added, Crop can indeed
work on Concave polygons, but generally, let's complete task #15578, and also
this task (the sorting f concave polygon vertices), then close bug #50120.

Indeed, please mention all those tasks and bugs in your proposal, they are
directly related ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13658>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/