gnu3dkit-discuss

Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] 3DeLight

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] 3DeLight
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:50:40 -0500

On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 02:52 PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

I currently follow the idea of using a RenderMan subset (similar as QRM) as the 3DKit's native graphics API. This API would then be implemented by concrete renderers (ie. using OpenGL), so creating a RIB stream would be somehow possible natively.

All right. Does that mean that we want to take a copy of the API and go through it saying, "yes, no, no, yes, yes, yes, no..." for each interface, or what? Also, RenderMan is a C function API, not an Objective-C messaging API (excuse me while I state what is probably obvious) -- do you want to adhere to that?

Of course you're going to reveal this in the near future, so I can wait if it's better for you to spill the beans all at once.

Brent Gulanowski
--
Mac game development news and discussion
http://www.idevgames.com