gnu3dkit-discuss

Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] 3DeLight

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] 3DeLight
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:45:57 +0100

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 01:23  Uhr, Gerard Iglesias wrote:
On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 08:24 AM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

Sort of, but my (initial) idea was to convert the stuff into Objective-C methods which are declared in the renderer class and subclassed by concrete renderers. But maybe this is a stupid idea and we should just take what is there - in C (for the sake of compatibility and performance).

Ok, the C API is interesting and necessary because we need to code efficiently in the core of 3D object in certain case.

This bring in my head the comparison with NSBezierPath, we need low and high level API to draw geometry : in certain case I use the NSBezierPath method to draw Quartz elements and in othe cases I need to go down the CG... functions.

I agree more or less, but do you think we should really provide a 1 to 1 mapping of a subset of RenderMan?

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip