gnu-system-discuss

Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the linux kernel is going.
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 16:02:52 +0800

Jean Louis writes:
> We humans invent all the time things that we do not currently need on
> the market.
> ... Demand can be
> created.

Yes, I've been trying both, I also have some advanced projects that can be
realized in the future.

> Well I don't know what you mean with religion, it is certainly not.

Forget about it please, it's my mistake to say it twice so that it sounds
like an emphersis.

> With BSD licenses you are not ensured to get the sources. Such BSD
> software with sources is good, but if you get binaries under BSD
> license, you have no idea what is going on, thus it is again sales of
> poison, which Windoze systems are proving over and over again since
> decades.

I know it is hard for certain people to understand GPL, however, I also
failed to understand BSD. If somebody takes my code, and they can close
it and sell it just like it is theirs, how can people accept that? Well, I
feel there's a big gap between people's mind...

> Why Windows sucks:
> https://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

Yeah, I've shared this article in my last company, it's a good post.

Microsoft takes the honor of FOSS nowadays, everyone praise them just
like they're leading the free software movement. And they're trying to get
rid of free software, avoid to mention GNU & FSF, and credit to open
source concept. Hmm...not a good manner, at least.

I have to say, it was in my anticipation, when they first time came to
FOSS, but I didn't expect they change their face so fast. Nice job
Microsoft!

Anyway, since I've started my adventure around FOSS business, I guess I
have to fight agaist them someday. Even if I just talk about the business.

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it
GPL Protected it