Re: Nokia 6300 --getXYZ

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6300 --getXYZ
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 13:17:35 +0200

Hi.

> I just want to ask, if it (group info not returned in AT mode) is the
> lack of AT mode (not designed to return this kind of information), or

I said the phone does not return the information. It is not a problem
within a driver.

> if it is going to be added in future. Or must special "driver" (like
> nkXXXX) be implemented for the phone?

But it is. For Nokia 6300 you can safely use nk6510 driver.

> I have also tried to read SMS directory, callendar and date/time from
> phone, but nothing was returned; messages:
>
> "GetSMS SM 1 failed! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!)" for
> --getsms, and
> "Error: Unknown error - well better than nothing!!" for --getdatetime

Please report such problems always with debug output.

> The attributes --getcallendarnote and --gettodo claimed that thay are
> not implemented.

That is possible for AT driver.

> Should I report the error in bugzilla, or should I send you a debug output
> (or any special kind of output) for SMS and datetime tries? Will callendar
> stuff (notes/todos, etc.) be implemented? Can I help somehow for the
> 6300 phone?

First of all try to use nk6510 driver for your phone. Most of these
should be supported by AT driver these days.

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot