Re: Nokia 6310 and gnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6310 and gnokii
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 16:10:31 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Markus Plail wrote:

> * Christian Rogne writes:
> >I have a person in my address book who have to cellular phones. Lets
> >say 954xxxxx and 954yyyyy, 954xxxxx is the first entry, If I want to
> >send a sms to 954yyyyy i have to check the phonenumber in the
> >phonebook. There are no possibilities to get that number from the
> >address list into the sms window automatically. This is a missing
> >feature.
>
> Yes that's true unfortunately. xgnokii was designed with older phones
> in mind. Support for newer features is a bit of a hack. Hopefully there
> will be a new GUI started soon.

What about the following solution: when you choose the name from the
phonebook, open the next window.
1. When there's only one number for the entry it is automatically chosen.

[There's such thing as the preferred number. Question: does it need to be
set? Does it need to be equal to any of the other numbers?]

2. When the preferred number is set and there's more then one entry:
 - two buttons: 'Use the preferred number' and 'Use the other number'
 - first button chosen automatically uses the preferred number
 - second one displays the window with a list of the numbers of the entry
 - when you choose the number it gets into the sms window

Would it be hard to implement? Is it worth to but the ammount of work in
xgnokii?

And we would need a list of the phones that can have more then one number.
Anyone to prepare the list?

pkot