Re: Nokia 6310 and gnokii

From: Tijmen Stam
Subject: Re: Nokia 6310 and gnokii
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:45:39 +0100

Christian Rogne wrote:

> I have a person in my address book who have to cellular phones. Lets say
> 954xxxxx and 954yyyyy, 954xxxxx is the first entry, If I want to send a
> sms to 954yyyyy i have to check the phonenumber in the phonebook. There
> are no possibilities to get that number from the address list into the
> sms window automatically. This is a missing feature.

This is the first actual useful thing I used Gnokii for... A person asked me
to send the number of a couple of other people... The only way to do that
with a 3310 is look up those numbers in phonebook, write them down, type them
in in an SMS... Thanks to Gnokii I was able to just extract these numbers to
a file and make both an SMS and an email message from it (because with an
SMS he had to write all those numbers down on paper before programming them
in mem too...)

TIjmen