Re: AW: [gNewSense-users] Problem with installation of icecat

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: AW: [gNewSense-users] Problem with installation of icecat
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:20:46 +0100

Snoopys Woodstock wrote:
Von: Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
Open a terminal and enter the following command:

sudo aptitude install icedtea-gcjwebplugin

It will suggest to downgrade some packages. Accept that solution and it should be working.

It suggested a download, I agreed but when I type 'sudo apt-get install icedtea-gcjwebplugin' I get the same failure message as before.

It worked for me. Aptitude is very similar to apt-get, but it has better dependency checking. The command I gave you should have installed icedtea-gcjwebplugin. I don't know why you're still getting an error.

Perhaps it's best if you first remove openjdk-6-jre and then let it automatically install again when you install icedtea-gcjwebplugin.