[gNewSense-users] Re: Bug 108- cdrtools.

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Bug 108- cdrtools.
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:30:38 +0300

Kevin Dean wrote:

> For the record, the use of CDDL build system is a GPL violation
> because the licenses are incompatible - however the FSF recognizes
> the CDDL as a Free Software license.
>
> It still prevents us from (legally) redistributing the by-product of
> it, but it's doesn't exactly make it non-free software.

I was just about to say the same thing -- good that I've developed the
habit to read the entire thread first.

Thank you for pointing this out, it is important to distuingish
between restricting user's freedom and this particular legal problem.
Still, it is a problem that has to be acknowledged and fixed.