Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Iceweasel

From: stig atle steffensen
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Iceweasel
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 22:21:30 +0000

---
http://stigatle.no

On 2015-12-28 18:22, dww wrote:

I'm honestly not sure what issue that is, or how to solve it..

you did do a :
apt-get build-dep iceweasel before building?

I have not done anything special on my end
got the source from git (by switching branches and fetching the exact version mentioned in the first email.).
Then just do the standard configure\make.

Yes, I did all those steps but in addition I used debian tools like dget
and debuild.

If you used the standard configure\make I guess
that is
./configure
make
make install
which I also can try

How did you apply the debian patches that are in the debian/patches
directory?

I apply them like the tutorial here says:
https://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt

First step: apply existing patches to the source:
quilt push -a

After doing :
Apt-get source iceweasel
then applying patches, configure and then building I get stuck at a new
error.

make[3]: *** No rule to make target
`/home/steffensensa/development/iceweselfromgnewsenserepo/iceweasel-31.5.0esr/build/pgo/blueprint/valid.png',
needed by `libs'.  Stop. make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/steffensensa/development/iceweselfromgnewsenserepo/buildsource/build'
make[2]: *** [build/libs] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/steffensensa/development/iceweselfromgnewsenserepo/buildsource'
make[1]: *** [libs] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/steffensensa/development/iceweselfromgnewsenserepo/buildsource'
make: *** [default] Error 2