Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Iceweasel

From: Stig Atle Steffensen
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Iceweasel
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 19:14:38 +0100

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 01:51:59PM -0500, dww wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-12-27 at 17:19 +0000, stig atle steffensen wrote:
> > I did some more compilation the day before Christmas,
> > It compiled fine and ran without that particular piece of code (just
> > return, and skip the check), just tested it to see if there was more
> > wrong, it compiled and ran fine. This is not a solution though.
> >
> > I also see in the make file that the flag is set, so I'm not entirely
> > sure where to check next.
>
> Hello
>
> I was also trying to build iceweasel for ucclia. However I run into the
> following:
>
>         checking Python environment is Mozilla virtualenv... Traceback
>         (most recent call last):
>           File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>           File
>
> "/home/dennis/temp/iceweaselLatest/ucclia/iceweasel-38.5.0esr/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/base.py",
>  line 17, in <module>
>             from mach.mixin.process import ProcessExecutionMixin
>           File
>
> "/home/dennis/temp/iceweaselLatest/ucclia/iceweasel-38.5.0esr/python/mach/mach/mixin/process.py",
>  line 29, in <module>
>             raise Exception('Could not detect environment shell!')
>         Exception: Could not detect environment shell!
>         configure: error: Python environment does not appear to be sane.
>         ------ config.log ------
>         This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
>         running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a
>         mistake.
>
> which seems to indicate a problem with Python, but I ran the following
> section of code from process.py, line 29 using Python:
>
>         # Perform detection of operating system environment. This is
>         used by command
>         # execution. We only do this once to save redundancy. Yes, this
>         can fail module
>         if 'SHELL' in os.environ:
>             _current_shell = os.environ['SHELL']
>         elif 'MOZILLABUILD' in os.environ:
>             _current_shell = os.environ['MOZILLABUILD'] +
>         '/msys/bin/sh.exe'
>         elif 'COMSPEC' in os.environ:
>             _current_shell = os.environ['COMSPEC']
>         else:
>             raise Exception('Could not detect environment shell!')
>
> but the value of _current_shell is "/bin/bash" same as the SHELL
> environment variable.
>
> Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks much,
> Dennis Worthem

I'm honestly not sure what issue that is, or how to solve it..

you did do a :
apt-get build-dep iceweasel before building?

I have not done anything special on my end
got the source from git (by switching branches and fetching the exact version
mentioned in the first email.).
Then just do the standard configure\make.