Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3 in the next version
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:19:04 +0100

Op Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:42:37 +0100
schreef HacKurx <address@hidden>:

> It is very easy to make this, with this base :
> http://docs.kali.org/live-build/generate-updated-kali-iso
> http://docs.kali.org/live-build/customize-the-kali-desktop-environment

Adding a repo to sources.list will probably get it working, but
gNewSense should be self-hosting and complete [1]. So the steps to
include MATE or any other software are:

- verify if software is free
- verify how committed upstream is to software freedom
- check if it builds with the tools in our release and patch if
  necessary
- check if it integrates with the software in our release and patch if
  necessary
- add/replace branding
- package, build and test
- keep track of (security) updates
- update and translate our documentation if necessary
- support users on IRC and mailing list
- update our Live configuration if appropriate
- generate and test alternate Live images if appropriate

[1] https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html
[2] http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/board:manifesto