Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3

From: Marcus Moeller
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3 in the next version
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:55:20 +0100

Hi all.

I wonder if it would be better to use Mate Desktop instead of gnome 3 in
next versions of gNewSense?
Mate Desktop is not included in debian 7 but will be in debian 8, it is
nevertheless easy to add it. The advantage for me is to keep the same
user interface between versions, have a lightweight desktop, rhythm of
slower development and have a free code easier to maintain.

What do you think of this?

Another option could be Xfce, which can be styled quite similar to what we have right now in Parkes. And it's part of the official Debian repositories (might also be a workaround for the Yeeloong).

Greetings
Marcus