Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Important bug reports (GNU documentation missing

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Important bug reports (GNU documentation missing)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:54:31 -0400

    I wrote a script as a short term solution for gNewSense users to get
    documentation for GNU software that debian considers non-free. But I am
    planning to release a deb package for each of them, when I will be
    familiarized with deb packaging.

That is the really good solution.  Since these programs are very important,
maybe just one Deb package is good enough.

    Given those informations, do you think I better have to just edit
    the script to copy html files and directory recursively from
    {binutils,gcc,gdb} website to a directory of the user calling the
    script? In this case, in which user's directory should I copy this html
    doc?

I am a bit confused -- before you were talking about .info files, now
about .html files.

Anyway, it seems to me that the right thing for this to do is to
install the docs in the right place in the system.