Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Important bug reports (GNU documentation missing

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Important bug reports (GNU documentation missing)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 22:43:43 +0200

Christophe Jarry schreef:
I wrote a script as a short term solution for gNewSense users to get
documentation for GNU software that debian considers non-free. But I am
planning to release a deb package for each of them, when I will be
familiarized with deb packaging.

Great.

Given those informations, do you think I better have to just edit
the script to copy html files and directory recursively from
{binutils,gcc,gdb} website to a directory of the user calling the
script? In this case, in which user's directory should I copy this html
doc?

I don't think it matters much. How about ~/gnu-docs/? Or ask the user for a directory name. (Make sure your script doesn't overwrite any of the user's files.)

Alternatively, you could put the files in a compressed archive and we can put it online somewhere until we have a .deb for it.