Re: [Gnash-dev] GNASH contribution

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GNASH contribution
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:46:33 +0100

> Speaking of which, there's a *very* annoying bug making firefox
> crash regularly with an unexpected death of an X window.
> I tried reproducing with epiphany with no success so might be
> firefox specific (version 1.9.0.5 on a 64bit system).
>
> Does anyone else experience such crashes ?

Yes, there has been an open bug about it for weeks:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?24653

Although what's described in there isn't the same as the X-window crash,
when trying to debug it I get sometimes the behaviour described in the
bug, sometimes an X window fault.

The only website I can always reproduce it on is
http://www.tagesschau.de (but only when it has the little video widget
on the right). But many other sites cause a crash too. On leaving the
page when the SWF is running, any xulrunner browser crashes - for me
both Firefox and Epiphany.

I have tried various different things to fix it, but I've had no luck
whatsoever. All cases seem to be continuing brower-plugin communication
when the plugin no longer exists.

bwy

--
Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash