Re: [Gnash-dev] About the gnash openGL

From: Question
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] About the gnash openGL
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 15:43:04 +0800

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Bastiaan Jacques <address@hidden> wrote:

Are you talking about integrating Gnash OpenGL rendering in your own
OpenGL window?

Thanks for your reply. And it's definitely like what you said.

I think it would be easiest to integrate Gnash into an existing OpenGL
application using the AGG backend, which produces an image buffer which
can simply be blitted using glDrawPixels (for example) into your existing
OpenGL scene. You could of course use the Gnash OpenGL backend, which I
think would be a bit harder, but it might be worth it in your case for
performance reasons.  Either way, you'd be extending Gnash.

Yep, we don't need to support a large scale of SWFs all over the net, so I think the openGL back end maybe better for us. Is there any binary package that using the openGL back end?
& What do you mean by "a bit harder"? Any detailed info? Can't I just make the gnash unmodified, make the SWF transparent and change the background at 24/60 fps?
I don't really know what's the best way(s) to do it. Any clue?

Bastiaan