Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: point test

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: point test
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:46:12 +0100

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 01:29:47AM +0100, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello Sandro,
>
> Sunday, November 4, 2007, 11:39:41 PM, you wrote:
> >> Question: Does Flash' hit test method work with thick outlines too (or
> >> just fills)?
>
> SS> Think outlines too. I added this support in gnash exposing a
> SS> withinSquareDistance interface to gnash::path.
>
> Bad. So we would need to take care of the cap and join styles too. So,
> one point for the renderer-based solution.

This is an SWF8 thing right ?
Do you have an example in which gnash fails ?

> Ok, but what is effectively "normalizing"?

Building valid topologies from invalid ones (if worth it).

> Can't find normalize_path. Do you mean point_normalize()?

Can't remember, bastiaan mentioned something like that
(could be for OGL only)

> SS> The query point should be passed in "local" coordinates already,
> SS> which is the same coordinate space as the edges.
>
> The query point is not the problem. The shape itself must be
> transformed (rotation etc.) :)

I don't get this, could you provide an example in which this is failing ?
(as we currently don't apply transformations to the shapes, but only
to the point).