Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: point test

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: point test
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 01:17:23 +0100

Hello Sandro,

Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 12:25:54 AM, you wrote:
SS> Yes it does, precision limited to floats :)

I think we can live with that... ;)

SS> About your "convert strokes to shape" thing: it is called
SS> "Buffering".

Really? "Buffering"? Note I was talking about "permanently" converting
strokes to a shape so that everything becomes a shape.

SS> Hairlines would be a problem, as they should not scale as other
SS> shapes.

Indeed. And thick outlines don't become smaller than a hairline when
scaled down, so any line is at least 1 screen pixel wide, in any
situation.

We probably would need to specially mark shapes, that were outlines
before, so that during the rendering process we can treat them in a
special way (ie. special case for hair lines).

The conversion from outline to shape would not be difficult, by the
way, and could be done without changing renderers in the first step.

SS> Also, I didn't follow news in SWF8/9, so dunno if there's
SS> anything like dotted-lines or similar, which would probably not
SS> scale either.

Can't tell you exactly but dotted lines are converted to shapes in
SWF6-. Since I know there are lots of options for such line styles in
newer Flash versions I'm pretty sure they are still converted to
shapes during export, so there is never anything like a dotted outline
in a SWF file (and yes, it does scale).

Udo