[Gnash-dev] binaries in CVS

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: [Gnash-dev] binaries in CVS
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:38:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I just noticed that there recently has been uploaded some windows binaries to
CVS, and I must admit that I'm not a big fan of this. I think it's great that
gnash works on windows, but I don't think this is the right way of distributing
the conmpiled version, I'd rather see it downloadable from a webpage, perhaps
in a zip-pkg with all the needed dll's - or whatever fancy installation method
there exist. The main problem with binaries in CVS is IMHO that they _very_
quickly out-dated... And there is probably more reasons...

Cheers,

Tomas