[Gnash-dev] Logging code

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Logging code
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:42:20 +0200

I've been thinking again about this, and mayne C++ stream
is not really a good idea.
The con is that every << is a new function call, and
it won't be easy to prepend WARNING, ERROR etc to the call.

On the other end, having a plain function call:

        log_this( ... )

Has the advantage of being easily undefined at preprocessing
time to completely remove debugging from runtime.

The only problem would be the variable args part.

What would you think about defining macros like:

        log_msg1()
        log_msg2()
        log_msgN()

        log_action1()
        log_actionN()

etc.. for use in the code ?

The number would be for number of arguments, and the macros
would either call the corresponding (number-less) function
OR be undefined to remove debugging .

Comments ?

--strk;