Re: [Gnash-dev] binaries in CVS

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] binaries in CVS
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:43:00 -0600

Tomas Groth wrote:

> I just noticed that there recently has been uploaded some windows binaries to
> CVS, and I must admit that I'm not a big fan of this. I think it's great that
> gnash works on windows, but I don't think this is the right way of
> distributing
> the conmpiled version, I'd rather see it downloadable from a webpage, perhaps

  Sorry, you missed this discussion. I'm going to nuke the executables
from CVS for all the reasons mentioned before, and stick them on the
Gnash web site someplace. These got included because most win32 folks
don't have VC++ installed, and it's a bit of a pain with dependencies to
get it to build. At the same time, I'm a bit worried about having to
support bugs in an executable, so somehow we need to make it clear that
these executables are unsupported.

        - rob -