ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2013: topics and talks

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2013: topics and talks
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:56:39 +0200

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:41:29AM +0200, Neal H. Walfield wrote:

     > But the problem is, we never decide where, when or even *if* the GHM
takes place
     > until rather shortly before the event.  Consequently most people cannot
make any
     > definite plans.

     That's not true.  We knew at GHM 2011 that GHM 2012 would take place
     in D??sseldorf.  I began contacting people at the beginning of 2012.

I don't know who "we" is,  but GHM2012 was announced on April 03 [1] and took
place on July 20.
Two and a half months is not really enough time for people to prepare talks and
arrange their
other activities around it.

I distinctly remember asking on #gnu-dev (I think in March) when, and where it
would be.
The answer I got was "we don't know yet".

I also remember that after it had been announced there was talk that it
might be cancelled/postponed.  Which was rather concerning for me, because I
had already
bought my train ticket.

Anyway, that was GHM2012.   For GHM2013, I would like to know:

* Will it happen?
* When will it happen?
* Where will it happen?

Some authoritative answer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

[1]  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ghm-discuss/2012-04/msg00000.html

--